Islam Gainullin «The main thing was to have a rest and be ready for upcoming games»
Reaktor defenseman Islam Gainullin talks about the Black Sea Cup.– Islam, could you tell us about your thoughts about the Black Sea Cup.
– It was first time for me to play for our national team. It was great to be invited to play for our national team and play against best guys.
– How does it feel to be in the national team?
– It was great! The team is a close-knit one. I know sone of the guys, for example, Innokenty Rybin from Stalnye Lisy team, the guys from Irbis team and Islam Garayshin from Sputnik team.
– What was it like to play against Russian team, not against foreigners?
– You know, like I said before, it was first time for me to be in the national team, so I never played against foreigners. Nevertheless, it was quite interesting to play.
– Was there any rivalry between your and your teammate Raul Yakupov, who played for national team in red jerseys?
– Yeah, we had a serious rivalry with Raul. Our teams faced each other in the final.
– How did you spend your free time at the tournament?
– We have visited the seashore. The main thing was to have a rest and be ready for upcoming games.
– What are your vacation plans?
– You know, there is nothing special. I will have a little rest and spend some tine with my parents and friends, and then I will continue training on the ice and in the gym. The new season is just around the corner.
Photo by: FHR