Pavel Kostichkin: «We will try to get a win over each opponent»
Pavel Kostichkin, acting head coach of «Neftekhimik»:
It was a hard-battled game. Finally, our losing-streak ended. It was kind of a gift for our fans.
There were mistakes and some solid plays. We will work on our mistakes. I would like to wish to all «Neftekhimik» fans a Happy New Year and be safe!
- What did you say to the team when the game was tied at the last minutes of the third period?
- It was a one-goal game. Our team wanted to win in a regular time or to fight in OT.
- Could you rate the game of Evgeny Ivannikov?
- That was good because we won. He made some big saves.
- Your team's losing-streak started after the game against «Dinamo» Minsk. Was there any motivation to stop this losing –streak in today’s game against «Dinamo» Minsk?
- The losing-streak is a thing that effects the team and motivates us to win each game and it is does not matter who we play against.
- How does it feel to win in Belarus? Your last professional team was Gomel…
- It was great to win in the role of acting head coach. Every game is very important for us. We will try to get a win over each opponent we play against.
Craig Woodcroft, the head coach of HC «Dinamo» Minsk:
- It appeared to me that our team underestimated the opponent. We certainly did not come out looking like we were ready to play. We knew that they kind of a wounded duck so to speak, we talked before the game about being very aware, and that any type of opponent that hurt is a dangerous opponent. We did not come out with any sort of commitment to our game that showed «Neftekhimik». In the first period, they outshot us 16-5 or something. The second period was not much better. Unfortunately, we did not succeed in what we planned. We had too many mistakes. We need to play n all 60 minutes not 20.