PAVEL PORYADIN: “WE WANTED TO WIN!”
The forward of the «Neftekhimik» Pavel Poryadin summarized the results of the game with «Metallurg».- It was a good game. How were you able to beat such experienced an opponent?
- We wanted to win. We understood that «Metallurg» changed their head coach. We know that they have a good power play. Our goalkeeper played very well.
- You said that they have a good power play. They got 5-6 power play opportunities. What prevented them from scoring a goal?
- We analyze most of the opponents. Also, we have penalty killers. Of course, it’s not good for team to get penalties. But our guys did their best.
- You scored a good goal. How did you manage to beat Koshechkin?
- In the first period I got out one-on-one. I also wanted to score when I got first opportunity, but then I failed.
- What is the reason that you got 6 points in 5 games?
- Head coach gave me time on ice, we talked with partners and tried to improve our combinations. It’s my business - to gain points.
-You look good in body-checking.
- We have to do it. The bigger they are, the harder they fall… Therefore, somewhere you just need to be faster than the opponent.