Press Conference «Neftekhimik-Metallurg» 9/13/2021
Oleg Leontyev, the head coach of HC Neftekhimik:
- Our guys tried to play to the very end, they deserve a credit. It is not easy to make a comeback when you concede quick goals on a rebound or just after accidental ricochet. Yeah, we had good goal-scoring chances to tie the game. Our opponent played solid game today. Our team did not take advantage of power play opportunities. We will work on it.
- Frans Tuohimaa played his fifth game in a row. Are other goaltenders not ready to play?
- Yaroslav Ozolin was preparing to play today, but he got sick a little bit. That is why Frans had to play against Metallurg.
- According to stats, your team made 32 shots on goal, Metallurg made 31. Unfortunately, your team did not score. Was there any haste in making these shots?
- When the score is 0-3, you have to score a goal as soon as possible. Perhaps, that was the reason for these stats and 0 goals. In addition, Metallurg goaltender played great.
- Coming back to the stats, Neftekhimik won 17 faceoffs, Metallurg won 43. Do you think that you need to work on faceoff or the player have to adjust?
- If you lose a faceoff, you let the opponent to take the initiative in your D-zone. We work on faceoff since July, every day, but we have what we have.
Ilya Vorobyov, the head coach of HC Metallurg:- Great victory for us. Our team completed coaching staff’ task. We scored four goals and did not concede any goals.